Watch out Bosch, Dewalt and others who dare to produce inferior compact routers! Makita got it right with this one – and the price isn’t bad either, about $120 on average.
If you’ve owned a few laminate trimmers (aka compact routers) in the past, you’ll know that eventually most require a hammer or pliers to adjust the depth – a real pain in the butt! And hard on the routers 😉
This baby on the other hand is “Extremely” well designed and built rock solid! With years of woodworking experience behind us, we can safely say, there is nothing on this router that has not been well thought out and perfectly executed. Every detail from changing bits, depth adjustment and variable speed work like a charm – and so so easy! Did we forget to mention there is a great assortment of accessories available too!
This is one tool you won’t regret adding to your tool collection. Like Makita’s 3×24 Belt Sander and Impact Drivers, this new router is sure to become one of Makita’s bestsellers. It is also available in a cordless 18v model!
Additional features include a slim and ergonomic design that weighs only 3.9 lbs., with a durable flat top design for added convenience when changing bits. The base can be removed quickly to install other bases, and the shaft lock is engineered for quick and easy bit changes (uses ¼” shank router bits).
Makita RT0701CX7 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 - 30,000 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body for increased comfort and control
- Quick release cam lock system for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
Makita 1 1/4 hp Compact Router Images: